Re: [gnugo-devel] t patterns audit

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] t patterns audit
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:03:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, max-d wrote:

> As for the cosmic gnugo , i would like to run a test vs Go++ with the
> version Arend got after his last message "patterns audit".
> I have  not in mind to say you to make GG a go software just tuned against
> Go++ but just verify Arend's feeling about the old patterns.
> i already have a 89 game match against standard GG3.4 (GO++ 46 , gnugo_3.4
> 43)
> Just need a windows binary to do that  since i think you can get more
> precise  informations about "old patterns"  by an other 89 match GO++ vs
> Arend GG.
> md.

Testing these patches against Go++ is very useful, not because we want
to specifically tune against Go++, but because the games against it
are _always_ very territorial, and thus territorial valuation will
noticably make a difference in matches against Go++.

I am not sure whether my t patterns change is big enough to be
measurable, but it might be worth a try.

Arend