Re: [gnugo-devel] 38x38

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 38x38
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 04:16:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Mike Leary wrote:

> gnugo --score estimate /tmp/saber2007-beeblebrox.sgf
>

> ***assertion failure:
> interface.c:65 - 5 <= boardsize && boardsize <= 19 near PASS***
>

> why not non-standard size?

The code is optimized to be fastest on the maximum supported board size;
since the most common case is 19x19, that is what we set as the default
maximum boardsize.

If you wish to change the maximum supported size, you will need to compile
gnugo yourself. You will need to change the constant MAX_BOARD, defined in
engine/board.h.  However, I don't really know if this will work; I have
verified that it compiles, but have not done anything more.

Evan Daniel