Re: [gnugo-devel] New GNUGO "small computer" port

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New GNUGO "small computer" port
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 06:05:59 -0700

> Dear GNUGO team,
>
>Thought you might be interested to see that you can now play GNUGO 1.2 on
> the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. People can download my source code and
> binaries from http://www.thingker.com.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Scott Lininger
> address@hidden

People have ported GNU Go 2.6 to PDA's. If it were possible
to run 2.x or 3.x on a Gameboy this would be much better.
GNU Go 1.2 plays very badly indeed. The hardware
requirements for 2.x are less than 3.0.

I STRONGLY urge you to replace the engine with 2.6 or 3.4.

I added a link to your page from the GNU Go home page. (The
link won't show up for a day or so because there is a delay
in the mirroring of the web CVS at www.gnu.org.)

Daniel Bump