Re: [gnugo-devel] engine reset?

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] engine reset?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:37:30 +0100

Kenneth Stanley wrote:
> Yes, that's a sensible suggestion; I should have mentioned
> that reset_engine() doesn't do the trick either.  Calling
> reset_engine() between games still results in inconsistent play.  I will
> look around for something else but it would be great if anyone
> can offer suggestions.

If you could give us a minimized version of the program which shows
the problem it would help determining the problem.

For what it's worth, starting GNU Go 3.2 in GTP mode (--mode gtp) and
repeatedly giving the three commands

boardsize 5
black pass
genmove_white

consistently gives the result C3 and no indications of leaking memory
(tested for 100000 iterations).