[gnugo-devel] problems with the source code

From: Trung Hoang
Subject: [gnugo-devel] problems with the source code
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:26:44 +0100

Hi

I downloaded the source code for gnugo some days ago, and today I tried to
compile it without success. I am using VS .NET, so I have to convert the VS 6
projects to .NET projects, but that is done by .NET and not me.
I get 6 errors when trying to build the project:

sgf Command line error D2004 : '/D' requires an argument

joseki fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'sgf.lib'

patterns error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom
Build Step"

gnugo Command line error D2004 : '/I' requires an argument

are four of them. I don't know if you get anything from it.
After these errors I found an intresting site on how to use gnugo
http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gnugo/gnugo_71.html
so I tried to follow it, and just included "gnugo.h", "liberty.h" and put all
.c
and .h from the "engine" directory into my project directory. Made my own main.
cpp and put init_gnugo(value1, value2) and tried to compile it. But I get some
errors about missing includes. So I try to put all the .c .h files it wants,
but
my question is, do I really need all of them?

The thing I want to do with gnugo are following:
I want to make a client for "human player" vs "human player" and use gnugo to
estimate the points after a finished game, and things like, remove/mark dead
stones so that I can or it can remove them from the board, when a player do a
illegal move. With other word the game rule plus point estimate engine.

So I wonder if you can help me, by tell me what directories and files I need
from the gnugo source. Or where I can go to find more information about makeing
my own client.

//Regards Trung