Re: [gnugo-devel] Interested in helping with GnuGo

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Interested in helping with GnuGo
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:02:06 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Mitch Franklin wrote:

> I am interested in helping with the development of GnuGo. Specifically,
> I am doing research in AI methods, and I would be interested in
> tweaking some numbers in GnuGo to make the engine perform better.

Sounds good.  Like Dan said, development seems to be kinda slow right now.
However, that doesn't mean there's a lack of things to do.  I would
suggest starting by reading some backlogs of the list, and looking at the
regression failure html views (I have a relatively up to date copy at
http://evand.rh.ncsu.edu/~evand/gnugo/regress.plx).  Pick a few of these,
and use them as a starting point to investigate the code.

If you'd like suggestions on specific things to work on, I'm sure we can
come up with some ideas.

And finally, might I suggest coming to the (very new) NC State Go Club?
Our next meeting (and last of the semester) is monday at 7:30pm, in the
second floor of the Talley student center.  We'll start meeting again next
semester, on thursday evenings, but I'm afraid I don't have the location
handy.

Evan Daniel