Re: [gnugo-devel] 9x9 go

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 9x9 go
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:10:31 +0100

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 08:25:02PM -0500, Evan Berggren Daniel wrote:
> [...] I hope to add some modifications to my metamachine code
> to auto-generate testcases

Would it make sense to build a testcasefinder directly into GnuGo?
If the estimated score at move N is considerably less than at move N-1,
something bad must have happened! If a group changes from
unconditionally alive to unconditionally dead in one move, something is
obviously wrong. In such cases, the program could write out what it
found strange, probably as a commented test case file. Of course human
evaluation would be needed to decide if those test cases are relevant.

Just a wild thought

  -H

--
Heikki Levanto  LSD - Levanto Software Development   <address@hidden>