Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo front end for Qtopia, Opie or other non-windowsC

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo front end for Qtopia, Opie or other non-windowsCE PDA
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:31:41 -0800

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Daniel, my apologies, the zaurus pda port is 3.2 (from the version)
> that's not 3.4 but...

and earlier:

> Ivo Timmermans has ported gnugo to the zaurus
> http://www.killefiz.de/zaurus/showdetail.php?app=1519
>
> please include a link on this page:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html
> under "GNU Go on small computers:"
>
> the zaurus runs linux on Arm, and has a superb 640x480 screen that fits
> in a shirt pocket, so a graphical front end would be great!

We can't update the web page at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html
currently due to problems at savannah.gnu.org. I don't know how long
this situation will last.

Actually, the URL you gave gives a link to a 3.4 binary, not 3.2.

I could not find any source code. Strictly speaking since he his distributing
a binary, Ivo Timmermans should also be distributing source for his
modifications. (I assume he had to make some modifications to get it ported.)
He is a Debian maintainer so he is presumably aware of the GPL.

Am I missing something?

> So where is the open source PDA graphical front end?
>
> palm and wince have basic ones, and the linux Zaurus with its fast chip
> and 640x480 screen would look great!

Have you run his binary? Do I understand you correctly that the
only way to run it is in ascii mode?

Dan