Re: [gnugo-devel] level of play

From: david doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] level of play
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:13:23 -0800

On Saturday, January 10, 2004, at 05:13  PM, Gunnar Farneback wrote:

David wrote:
We will be happy to share all records and our
code, but would prefer to make a few more improvements first. If you
really want to see it sooner we can do that too..

Some game record would be a good teaser.

OK, I will do that on Monday.

How fast is it playing? If it's not too slow I would strongly
recommend playing with it on a server.

The way the play is spread over the cluster, time to move should be
linear in the look-ahead depth, plus 1 (to select the paths) plus a very
little bit more. Using look-ahead depths of 8 and 16 were arbitrary.
We need to play enough games to find the tradeoff between strength
and time.

Does GMP or any other means of communication besides GUI come
with the retail version of Many Faces?

Perhaps I jumped to a conclusion there. I assumed that i would be able
to connect a laptop to the cluster and let them run at night.

Most of the interesting testing against other programs (that has been
reported) has been done by max-d. Check the list archive for his
postings. If I remember correctly these test have been against Go++,
Winhonte, and Handtalk.

I also own Handtalk, so if easier I could use it.

Cheers,
David