Re: [gnugo-devel] level of play

From: david doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] level of play
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:02:48 -0800

Gunnar's original question to me about playing at equal levels of CPU
usage is an interesting one, but we are putting in about 100 times the
CPU usage of Gnu Go at level 10. But we did find that in 10 game sets,
level 15 won 4 of 10 with a 2 stone handicap, whereas level 10 won
only 2 of 10.

It does seem that a comment about suggested upper level would be in
order for this parameter.

Cheers,
David