Re: [gnugo-devel] bug

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:04:16 +0100

On Jan 31, 2004, at 1:00 PM, tom wrote:

To the gnugo list,

Here I am again with another bug report to this list that I am not
subscribed to... notice this game, where gnugo 3.5.2 attempts to place a stone in an illegal location on the last move. It has done this to me once
before but I didn't save that game.

Thanks so much for this wonderful free product.

Hello,

I noticed that your game was played with Goban, and contains several undos. Although I've been unable to reproduce it, I strongly suspect that there must still be a bug in Goban that makes the state of the visible board and the state of the engine unsynchronized.

In any case, Goban fails to make clear the distinction between "undo" and "show previous move". Many users also think that "show next move" is the same as redo (there is no redo yet). All this will be changed in the next release.

Thanks for the report,

marco

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland   http://www.sente.ch