Re: [gnugo-devel] add comments in readconnect.c

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] add comments in readconnect.c
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:04:28 +0100 (CET)

Paul wrote:

> > +/* Delete the first entry from the heap. It must have been used resp.
> > + * discarded previously by the calling function.
> > + */
>
> I can't read this.

I'll just drop the 2nd sentence. What I wanted to make very clear that
pop_connection_heap_entry does _not_ do what "pop" usually means in
the context of a stack: Take the highest element from the stack, delete
it, and return it (as return value, or in a register if you consider
the "pop" assembler instruction). Instead, your pop_... just deletes it.

I don't really know a better name, though.

Arend