[gnugo-devel] pattern viewer/editor

From: max-d
Subject: [gnugo-devel] pattern viewer/editor
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 00:06:32 +0100

First , thanks for the responses about C syntax !

2/For those who use Ms Windows, my program bettygo is now able to
view /edit GNU Go's patterns .
It is very easier to figure out how a pattern does match with a given
position.

The way to use it is easy too:
replay a saved game.
Go to a move which is interresting to study.
Hit a button to get the trace output file.
Then ,hitting the board's  point you want to study will display the pattern
text in the text editor
Now, highlight and copy the pattern diagram (or constraint diagram) and  hit
the "draw" button ...
The pattern will be pasted on the board at the "*" point and may be
rotaded / swapped verticaly or horizontaly around the "*" axis to find how
it matches .

an example is shown here...
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gib.explore/BettyGo/pattern.JPG
bettygo is here (but the help file has not been modified yet)
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gib.explore/BettyGo/BettyGo.htm

I hope this will allow non-Unix users in tuning GNUGo !
md.