Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: [gnugo-announce] GNU Go 3.5.8

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: [gnugo-announce] GNU Go 3.5.8
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:22:59 -0700

>I really don't know how to put together the program to make it work. Maybe
> because I have a Mac? I only get a lot of folders but no actual
> program. Help??

We don't distribute a compiled program. We distribute the
source code that you can compile yourself on any platform.
If you are running OS X then you can compile the program
using Apple's C compiler. A compiled version is distributed
with Sente Software's Goban, see

http://sente.epfl.ch/software/goban/

Their version is 3.5.6. The latest version is 3.5.8. Presumably
they will distribute 3.5.8 at some point. We do not recommend
using 3.5.7, which was prone to crash.

Daniel Bump