Re: [gnugo-devel] Bug in 3.4

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Bug in 3.4
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:47:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Josef Spillner wrote:

> I stepped on a bug while toying around with the text protocol (GTP).
> Not sure how relevant this is for playing, but it can be reproduced easily:
>
> gnugo --mode gtp << EOF
> trymove white C1
> trymove white C2
> play white C5

This is expected, though it would perhaps be nice if gnugo produced a
reasonable error message instead of failing.  The play command expects the
board to represent the current "real" position instead of being in the
middle of a variation as a result of internal gnugo reading; the trymove
command is a way to access some of the internals in order to look more
closely at gnugo's reading.  Hence, they don't play very well together.

Evan Daniel