[gnugo-devel] Re: A volunteer to run GnuGo in Israel

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: A volunteer to run GnuGo in Israel
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 06:07:23 -0700

Jan Willemson wrote:

> I was rather surprised not to see GnuGo in this year's Computer Olympiad
> participant list, so I contacted the organizers of the event and they
> said that basically all that's needed is a volunteer to operate this
> program. Since I am going to Israel and am very much interested in
> seeing GnuGo participating, I can be the volunteer. Please contact me if
> You are still looking for one.

I believe no one else has volunteered and we would be very
interested. The tournament fee would be 25 Euros which we
can no doubt come up with. I'm not sure if it is too late
to register since the tournament is during the first week
of July. However since you have spoken with the organizers
perhaps we can assume this.

I see there are loan machines but they are Windows XP.
Do you have any experience operating a machine in a
tournament? I assume that the tournament will use the GMP
(Go Modem Protocol). I believe we've never used Windows XP
in a tournament and I can't tell you how to do it. If you
have access to a Linux Laptop you can use CGoban and
I think this is what we've done in every tournament.

The Olympiad web page is at http://www.cs.unimaas.nl/olympiad2004/

Daniel Bump