Re: [gnugo-devel] endgame module for GNU Go

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] endgame module for GNU Go
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:02:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Eric wrote:

> --- Arend Bayer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > frankly I don't quite understand why you are so
> > upset.
>
> Oh,
>
> Maybe it's because I felt like I was getting the cold
> shoulder just because I said my planner that took me 6
> years to develop that I didn't wanna give away for
> free.

Well our interest in your work would certainly be bigger if your planner
was put under a free software license (which has little to do with
giving it away for free). We do the same with our work on GNU Go.

Btw, I think if you want to turn GNU Go into a go program that "works",
you should rather not start losing patience at this time already ;)

Arend