Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: some answers and ask for help

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: some answers and ask for help
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:08:34 -0700

I agree with the idea that major improvements in strength
are not going to come in the late endgame. Proper ordering
from about the first monkey-jump can make a big difference,
though.

I just wanted to point out that the endgame is where I have
found the greatest number of bugs in SlugGo, when SlugGo
makes mistakes that the underlying GNU Go does not. So, I
do think that it would be a very good exercise for Eric to start
on the endgame, particularly considering that he says that
he is not that strong a player. The endgame is far easier
to understand than the interaction of strategy and tactics
in the middle game.

But then again, I have no idea what an AI Planner is or how
it works. I think in terms of algorithms and data structures.

Cheers,
David