Re: [gnugo-devel] Valgrind results and experimental-owl-ext

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Valgrind results and experimental-owl-ext
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 18:12:21 -0200

Dan wrote:

> Gunnar proposed taking out a lot of the experimental
> options. Clearly we should do so, but also Paul
> spoke in favor of keeping the owl-ext. Even if we
> want to keep the code in the unstable line we might
> consider disabling it in 3.6. On the other hand
> if Paul is right it might be worth debugging these
> crashes. Presumably that will not be too hard.

I suggest to remove the `configure' options for 3.6.  In
other words, we don't touch the code, but make turning it
on "non-official" and hackish.  Options that are well
tested should remain in the `configure'.  For the
development branch, I think we should do nothing.  This
will make life easier for anyone who will want to improve
on experimental stuff.

Paul