Re: [gnugo-devel] TCP/IP connection built into GNU Go?

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] TCP/IP connection built into GNU Go?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 06:01:12 -0700

Paul wrote:

> Remaining is a proper `configure' stuff.  Any volunteers?

I suppose you mean you want to be able to set

      OPT_GTP_CONNECT
      OPT_GTP_LISTEN

by configure --gtp-connect=... --gtp-listen=...

Is that what you want?

Arend wrote:

> > No, I'm not.  I knew there were some functions that GTP code
> > invoked with `stdout' as parameter and changed those calls.
> > Can you help in tracking those ``several pieces of code'' down?
>
> I noticed print_all_move_values(), test_eye_shape().
>
> More broken are draw_search_area, dump_stack because they always write
> to stderr.
>
> It doesnt seem urgent to fix these.

I suppose it is harmless to merge the two streams when
invoking a command that produces output to stderr from
the gtp, and maybe this is correct.

So every command that is callable from the gtp would
get a parameter for the output stream added, which
would be stderr except when invoked from gtp mode.

Does this seem correct?

Dan