Re: [gnugo-devel] bug

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 06:54:02 -0700

> What I don't understand is that Tristan's sgf output
> only shows 11 stones on the board.
>
> However 24 moves have been played in the second game!
> This position does not seem to represent the same game
> at all. (Either game.)

Actually, this seems to represent some reading after
the fourth move of the second game. The board position
then is like this:

   A B C D E F G H J
 9 . . . . . . . . . 9
 8 . . . . . . . . . 8
 7 . . + . . . + . . 7
 6 . . . X O X . . . 6
 5 . . . . + . . . . 5
 4 . . . . O . . . . 4
 2 . . . . . . . . . 2     WHITE (O) has captured 0 stones
 1 . . . . . . . . . 1     BLACK (X) has captured 0 stones
   A B C D E F G H J

These stones are all present in Tristan's crash diagram.

However, if GNU Go crashed on the fourth move, why
does the gtp stream continue after that? There is
only a single gnugo process, and it stops when there
is an assertion failure, so what gives?

Dan