Re: Goban bug? (Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo stuck)

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: Goban bug? (Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo stuck)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:57:41 +0200

Marco, the .sgf-file has AP[Goban:3.2.1 (v65.1)] in the header, I assume
this is Sente Goban?

Yes, and I'll change this to Sente Goban.

The .sgf-file doesn't make sense, there is a move
at an occupied position (White at B2).
There are other moves that don't make sense; I am pretty sure that Goban and GNU Go disagree on the actual board position. Of course, the bug may
be on either side.

I have no doubts this is Goban's error. It has happened before, I was pretty sure that it was not possible anymore to play anywhere but at the position that GNU Go knows about, but apparently there is still something wrong. I'll fix ths asap.

Earlier there apparently was an undo (Black H8), something which is known
to have caused trouble for pretty much any go-related program...

Sorry I missed the original report.

marco