Re: [gnugo-devel] socket support for Windows: patch

From: Nando
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] socket support for Windows: patch
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:26:59 +0100

Paul wrote:
> Vadim says that your patch won't help on his system (Windows XP Pro.)
> I asked him to try `telnet' to exclude the possibility of a problem in
> his GTP client, and he replied that ``GNU Go receives commands and
> sends responses, but the client (his or `telnet') never receieves
> them.''
>
> Any ideas?  To me this looks rather strange, but we are speaking about
> Windows here...

If commands are received and responses sent, then it must be some
buffering that prevents the data to get transmitted back on the wire.
Weird, doesn't happen to me. I wonder, what version of VC++ does Vadim
have ?

I'll gladly help looking into this issue, but I wonder : will this be any
useful ? As I mentioned, I strongly doubt this can be applied to
non-desktop Windows machines...

nando