Re: [gnugo-devel] bug in 3.6/3.4?

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug in 3.6/3.4?
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 04:52:52 +0100

David wrote:
> This is a game I began in Jago (Windows XP, against GNU Go 3.6 with
> --level 10 --mode GMP --never-resign), but it seemed to hang, so I
> saved the file and resumed the game under Sen:te Goban (Mac OS X), with
> GNU Go 3.4 builtin at Level 1 (accidentally), but it hung up again.  No
> idea why.  Possible bug?

I can't reproduce any hanging (white N3 is generated after a few
seconds with either version). However, the game record is seriously
messed up with

 HA[0]

handicap zero, followed by

;AB[dd][dj][dp][jd][jj][jp][pd][pj][pp]

the placement of nine handicap stones. Later it is clear that black
and white have differing opinions on whether there are any handicap
stones on the board so I suspect that this is some kind of interface
problem. The sgf file is in any case invalid with multiple moves on
already occupied vertices.