[gnugo-devel] Fwd: Re: gGo, glGo & licenses

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: Re: gGo, glGo & licenses
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:39:46 +0200

Hi,

I noticed that glGo went non-free, as gGo previously did and asked
Peter Strempel for clarifications.  Below is his reply.

I suggest that we take the links down.  At least down the list,
since discontinued programs are not interesting.  What about this
order of ``Clients, capable of running GNU Go, and other graphical
front ends to GNU Go'' on `free_go_software.html' (roughly based on
combination of features + activity):

  qGo  (certainly alive, quite featured)
  ccGo  (?)
  Sente Software's FreeGoban  (certainly alive)
  Gogui  (alive?)
  Jago  (discontinued, but quite featured)
  RubyGo  (latest update seems year 2002)
  Quarry  (not many features, but alive)
  Dingoui  (no new versions recently)
  Mac GNU Go  (3.2, old)