Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.el 2.2.10 available

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.el 2.2.10 available
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:59:15 -0800

> internals cleaned up a lot (kludgy history list replaced w/ tree plus
> "cursor").  user-visible functionality still behind 2.2.8.b5 but that
> will change in the future now that the more hackable infrastructure is
> available.  i think the 2.2.x series will finish w/ "redo" (and related
> linear-motion features from 2.2.8.b5); other advances pioneered in
> 2.2.8.b5, as well as properly jumping around (and marking and merging
> and splicing and pruning) the tree, will appear in the 2.3.x series.

Looks very good. I took a look and this is what I saw:

The sgf handling has been reimplemented. The earlier gnugo.el-2.2.8
had problems with sgf files that I don't see any more. With 2.2.10
there are longer problems saving a file, reloading it, playing on,
then saving it again.

And the sgf files that are written seem fully compliant with
the sgf specification. Sgfc (which is the reference sgf
parser) found them OK. Previously, the requirement that
an sgf node could not have repeated properties was violated
by gnugo.el-2.2.8, regarding the AB and AW properties.

This is the main user-visible improvement but the
behind-the-scenes rewriting should make this version
more hackable in preparation for adding features.

Dan