Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: gnugo: stepping thru a saved game in ascii mode i

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: gnugo: stepping thru a saved game in ascii mode is difficult without () around current move
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:34:50 -0800

> That's great! Too bad I'm vim.

Emacs has a vi emulation mode. From the manual:

>    Technically speaking, Viper is a Vi emulation package
> for Emacs.  It implements all Vi and Ex commands,
> occasionally improving on them and adding many new
> features.  It gives the user the best of both worlds: Vi
> keystrokes for editing combined with the power of the
> Emacs environment.

I gather you are running Linux but not X-Windows.
Can't you run emacs and vi in separate consoles?

> Can gnugo.el also branch to variations? Can you read the
> commentary? That would all make me very sad and envious.

Currently, not, but in the future, yes.

I think Thi intends to implement variation in the sgftree
in the 2.3 versions of gnugo.el. This is what he means by
``merging and slicing and pruning'' in this message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2005-02/msg00011.html

Dan