Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go Development Idea

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go Development Idea
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:02:58 -0800

> Currently, the modification I have is very rough, but I would be
> happy to give the source code to anyone who wants it.  It basically
> ponders the top 10 expected responses, and checks back for user
> input between pondering each move.  If the opponent has made one of
> the moves that has been pondered, GNU Go doesn't need to consider a
> response, and instantly responds.  The idea is to save some time,
> since from what I understand GNU Go lowers its skill level when
> running low on time. No threads or extra processes are spawned
> here.

This sounds potentially very useful!

I can imagine that if the opponent is playing very quickly
and not making the expected moves this could cause GNU Go
to play more slowly, and there could also be persistent
cache issues.

But these might be minor problems.

Could you show us the modification?

Daniel Bump