Re: [gnugo-devel] Memory leak analyse

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Memory leak analyse
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:08:02 -0800

On 10, Mar 2005, at 5:03 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the highest level is: 12,15, 99???

You can set it to numbers like that, but the playing can slow substantially and unpredictably at levels 15 and above. Most of the time 15 is fine, but I once had to wait something like15,000 seconds for a single move, although that was only once in a few hundred games. Others have reported "hangs" at level 18. I think it likely would have come back with an answer, but how long it might take is beyond guessing.

Cheers,
David