[gnugo-devel] gnugo: New keymap functionality on <CR> and <BKSP> request

From: grok
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gnugo: New keymap functionality on <CR> and <BKSP> requested for ASCII-mode
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:41:20 -0500

Package: gnugo
Version: 3.6-2
Severity: wishlist

In my newfound quest to see the gnugo ASCII-mode interface improved, I
note the following:

<Enter> and <Backspace> do not have any functionality by themselves on
an empty gnugo commandline; so why not have these keys default to
[fo]rward and [ba]ckward, respectively, when in "loaded-game" mode? I
think this would be a great improvement in the interface's functionality
-- and certainly in terms of ergonomix (index and middle fingers), it
would work well.

And this would almost obviate my request for a history function for the
commandline.