Re: [gnugo-devel] compiling GnuGo with MacoOsX

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] compiling GnuGo with MacoOsX
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:42:05 +0100

I have been trying to install Gnugo on MacOsX, but I am a very beginner in compiling source codes, and nothing seems to work properly... First, I have had to go to Mac's website to download Developper Tools, since Gcc is not included in the default package of MacOsX.

That's not true, the developer tools package is on the OS X installation CDs or DVD, and that, of course, includes gcc.

After struggling (this idea did not come to my mind like a simple sparkle),

Maybe you could have read the doc?

I have finally managed to execute ./configure, which correctly took place. However, when I try "make", I get the following thing, and I have no idea of what I should do with it (sorry, but I don't have much time to devote to reading threads in dedicated forums) :

[...]

Do you have any idea of what I should do in order to simply play Go (which was my origin objective) ?

I don't know what you did wrong. Compiling GNU Go on OS X is trivial: nothing more than ./configure followed by make is needed. Are you sure that you've correctly installed the developer's tools? The correct version for your OS?

In any case you can also find GNU Go packages with the source and an executable compiled for Mac OS X on our site at http://www.sente.ch/software/goban/

Buy a PC ?

Yeah, if you are so disgruntled that may be just the thing to do.

marco

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland   http://www.sente.ch