[gnugo-devel] how do you connect the interface

From: gord williams
Subject: [gnugo-devel] how do you connect the interface
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:39:21 -0400

It is me again

I have just downloaded GNU Go 3.6 and Jago.

How do I connect jago to gnu go 3.6?

I have found the “Play Go (GMP)” window in jago.  In the “Go Protocol Server” field it has the following data. “gnugo.exe”

When I press the play button, I get the warning “Program not found”.

When I downloaded GNU GO 3.6, after it finished it asked if I wish to run the program.  I did and a window pop-up looking like the old DOS window it had a 19x19 matrix on it and it seemed to play go (I only enter two or three moves)

When I searched my computer I could not find a GNU executable.  I did find in the directory “C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch” A file called “GNU-MINGW-36[1].EXE-00CF580.pf.  I tried executing this file but received the message “windows cannot open this file”

I have not played GO in over twenty years.  I would really like to shake some dust off my skills before I inflict myself on a human.

Thank you for any assistance that you can give

John Williams

Newmarket, Ontario, Canada