[gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0

From: Aloril
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:00:27 +0300

Is it OK to enter GNU Go 2.0, Liberty 1.0 and
heavily randomized GNU Go 3.6 to Sixth and
any future KGS Computer Go Tournaments in Open division?

Intention is not to replace any recent GNU Go,
but to provide stable ladder that beginner bots can climb against
from one tournament to next.

GNU Go 2.0 at KGS is GnuGo2 rated at 18k
Liberty 1.0 at KGS is LibertyBot rated at 25k
Randomized GNU Go 3.6 at KGS is DrunkenGnu rated at 30k

DrunkenGnu is meta machine: Get list of top moves from GNU Go 3.6
and then select one move randomly from all legal moves favoring
most move that is at top of GNU Go 3.6 top moves.
Also if selected move was not among top moves, do additional
sanity check for negative score check and if too bad move,
try again with other move.

Meta machine used by DrunkenGnu is available at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/londerings/go/gtpTuner/
I'm using this config file with it:
--engine="/usr/local/bin/gnugo --mode gtp --chinese-rules --nofuseki --nojoseki
"
--level=0
--sanity=0.32
--name="tuned GnuGo. If I'm too hard, try SimpleBot. If I'm too easy, try human
s or LibertyBot. - "
--speed=0.3

--
Aloril <address@hidden>