Re: [gnugo-devel] scoring bug?

From: Terry McIntyre
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] scoring bug?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:49:04 -0800

glGo does expect users to mark the dead stones. I'm not sure that this
question is related to gnugo at all. It is possible to configure glGo to use gnugo ( as I have on my computer ), but the scoring system appears to be part of glGo, not of the go-playing engine.

I just created a file using glGo playing against Gnugo, and the first few lines follow:

(;GM[1]FF[4]AP[glGo:1.3.1]ST[1]

SZ[9]KM[6.5]
PW[GNU Go]PB[Black]DT[2005-11-16]
   ^^^^^^^

--- so I think Todd is using glGo to play some other engine, but the scoring problem is not part of the engine, but of the way glGo works - one must explicitly mark the dead stones. glGo shows the change, and counts the remaining da-me - when glGo's count of da-me agrees with yours, the score will be accurate.

--
Terry McIntyre