Re: [gnugo-devel] about one GNU Go 3.7.7 windows build's test case( cras

From: Jens Yllman
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] about one GNU Go 3.7.7 windows build's test case( crash )
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:49:53 +0100

Hi,

I don't know the current state of the 'build with VC++' part of GNU Go is at the moment. Often the development versions of GNU Go are not up to date. And all options are not available. One reason for this is that what I know there is no-one at the moment that is 'responsible' for the VC++ part.

That said, just looking at the 'Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'vpos' was corrupted.' message sounds to me that this is another of thoose parts where developers miss that diffrent platforms/compilers have diffrent settings. I could be wrong.

The reason for my answer to this is that I felt you got no respons from the more 'active' developers. Probably due to holidays. So I just felt I had to say something to keep your spirit up.

Another note, talking about two problems in same e-mail often make one of the problems disapear. Also, look at http://trac.gnugo.org/. There there is a testcase discussions page. If you want to talk about testcases before submitting patch.

Jens Yllman