Re: [gnugo-devel] problem in trac : oops internal error

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] problem in trac : oops internal error
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:56:35 +0100

I wrote:
> Alain wrote:
> > I wanted to see the first testcase at:
> > http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/wiki/Testcases
> > and i got a Oops. It worked some times ago.
>
> That's an intermittent Trac problem, which I've seen elsewhere before
> but not here until I also ran into it yesterday. I know it can be
> avoided by changing to another database backend than sqlite, but I'd
> rather avoid that since it gets into the experimental realm of Trac
> development and would upset my backup routines. Should this problem turn
> out to be too frequent that may be necessary though.

After some further thought it was probably not the same problem we saw.
The oops I ran into is most common on highly loaded system (or ones
using sqlite on non-local disk). This was a bit surprising given the
scale of activity recently until I checked the access logs and found
googlebots happily indexing arbitrary sourcefiles, changesets, and
subversion logs. After telling those to stay away from that part of the
site I think this should be under control.

Then I found a completely different problem with the goban macro, which
is more likely what Alain ran into. That has also been fixed now.

Please report any further problems.