[gnugo-devel] I think I've found a bug.

From: Daniel Olszewski
Subject: [gnugo-devel] I think I've found a bug.
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 23:17:25 +0100

Hi.

I have worked a bit with gnugo source code using it for my own purposes (I was trying to develop efficient program playing atari-go). Anyway during my tests I've encountered strange situation. I got two symmetrical layouts that are absolutely different evaluate by gnugo (I attach sgf files). Interesting is that, besides gnugo determines different moves for both situations, also life and death evaluation is slightly different (checked with -T option). I'm curious if you already know this problem (if it is a bug at all) and what is the reason?

Best regards.
PS. Sorry for my English.
--
Daniel Olszewski