Re: [gnugo-devel] multi-threaded GNU go

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] multi-threaded GNU go
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:37:40 -0800

> Before we can make a final decision, I wanted to get an opinion on that.
> Do you think it would make a good parallelization project? How difficult
> would GNU Go be to parallelize?

GNU Go would not be easy to parallelize but if it were done
it would be hugely valuable. I think that some on this list
have thought about this and may have more technical comments.

Would your students be able to assign copyright to the
Free Software Foundation?

Of course this is not necessary from the point of view
of the GPL. However if they could then the improvement
could be added to the GNU Go code that is distributed
by the FSF.

Daniel Bump