Re: [gnugo-devel] how to use gnugo to solve problems or get suggestionsd

From: Brice Rebsamen
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] how to use gnugo to solve problems or get suggestionsduring a game?
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 13:21:49 +0800

So there is a simple solution. If anybody in this mailing list is involved in developing a front end for gnugo, I respectfully suggest to include this feature in future release. A simple button to obtain a suggestion from gnugo, without playing it.

I tried gGo yesterday. It is possible to edit the game while playing it, and then synch back to the game. In a way it's useful to force a move on gnugo and see how it reacts. But not so simple as what I am suggesting.

by the way, thanks to all the people who are and have been working on gnugo. It's been my main game partner so far and it's helped me improved a lot, mostly by watching gnugo playing against itself.

Brice

On 3/1/07, Stuart A. Yeates <address@hidden> wrote:

> > You can run gnugo from the commandline to use gtp using: "gnugo --mode
> > gtp" I find the "help" command very useful. The full specs are at:
> > http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gtp/gtp2-spec-draft2/gtp2-spec.html
>
> You can also just run GNU Go from the command line, without
> invoking the gtp mode, if you just want it to generate a move.
>
> gnugo -l [filename] -L [movenumber]
>
> will generate a move.

Yes, that is much easier for this than my suggestion.

cheers
stuart