Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go for the iPhone

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go for the iPhone
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:14:54 -0600

Hi Justin,

what you did sounds fine to work around the cross-compile problem seems
fine, the files generated by the utility programs are definitely
platform dependant.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 03:01:27PM -0400, Justin Kramer wrote:
>    This seems to work; the thing compiles and runs. When run on the
>    iPhone, it displays the ASCII board, but then dies with a bus error if
>    you play a move (after "GNU Go is thinking..."). There's no gdb or
>    anything for the iPhone, but after adding trace output everywhere, I
>    pinpointed the point of death at engine/move_reasons.c line 99.

Which version of GNU Go are you using exactly? It might also help to
copy-paste the offending code to make sure we are talking about the same
place.

However, it is really hard to guess what is going wrong knowing almost
nothing about the platform. Could "Bus Error" mean a segmentation fault?
Does it have any highly unexpected variable sizes, stack size limits,
etc.?

Arend