[gnugo-devel] gnugo Question

From: Philipp Urlich
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gnugo Question
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:56:10 +0100

Hello

First off, thanks for the nice Go programm. It served me many hours of fun.

The question I have comes from a discussion I got with two friends of mine, about if the strength of gnugo has to do with how fast the hardware is. Under no time limit conditions! Of course under limited time condition I can see that the faster computer has an advantage over the slower one.

Simply, does the calculation depth/strength depend on the hardware in gnugo under no time limit?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sincerely

Philipp Urlich