[gnugo-devel] gnugo.ps and .pdf

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.ps and .pdf
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:55:39 -0800

We currently seem to have some trouble building gnugo.ps and gnugo.pdf.

This is on a machine where the texi2dvi and texi2pdf --version yields
(GNU Texinfo 4.7) 1.3, and on another with
(GNU Texinfo 4.2) 0.51.

For example gnugo.log contains:

184] [185] (./gtp-commands.texi
./gtp-commands.texi:3: Undefined control sequence
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

The command in question is @verbatim, which I guess
gets passed to tex as \verbatim. Which is indeed not
a tex primitive. But I don't understand this since
@verbatim appears correct as it appears in
gtp-commands.texi. This should be allowed.

The same problem exists with gnugo-3.7.10. It does
not exist with gnugo-3.6 but the @verbatim commands
were added to gtp-commands.texi sometime after 3.6.

Dan