Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Building GNU Go on Windows
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 20:58:22 +0100

Ben Lambrechts wrote:
I have build 3.7.11 for windows with mingw and cygwin
You can find the build at http://lithops.sourceforge.net/gnugo.htm

Right, this way the normal configure script is run in cygwin. That's certainly a valid solution.

But let me restate my question. Has anybody managed to build GNU Go 3.7.11 on Windows using MSVC? Are the gnugo.dsw and */*.dsp files of any use in their present condition?

I have also posted an updated cmake configuration patch at http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/attachment/ticket/191/cmake_7_12.1b.diff which fixes some problems but also replaces the HAVE_VISUAL_C symbol with actual configure tests to check existence of specific header files.