Re: [gnugo-devel] Experimental git repository

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Experimental git repository
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:38:34 +0200

I wrote:
> I have made an experimental mirror of the CVS repository to a git
> repository, which can be cloned with
>
> git clone git://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo.git
>
> The bandwidth is limited so the initial cloning may take some minutes.
>
> Some instructions on using git can be found at
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit
>
> Please try it out. When I'm confident that everything works fine I
> will move it over to Savannah.

It's now available at Savannah. Use

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnugo.git

to clone the repository or go to
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnugo.git for repository
browsing. See above for instructions on using git.

CVS remains the main repository and the git repository is just a
mirror (with full history), normally with hourly updates from a cron
script at trac.gnugo.org. I would, however, recommend anyone who makes
any changes to the GNU Go sources to try out git instead of using a
CVS working copy. In particular if you add files or do anything not
completely trivial, git is a much more powerful tool.