Re: [gnugo-devel] FW: Computer Olympiad

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] FW: Computer Olympiad
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:22:17 +0200

Winands M (MICC) wrote:
Dear GNU Go developers,

As you probably know there is again a Computer Olympiad (http://www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/icga/event.php?id=37)

There is again a Go tournament for 9*9 and 19*19. For both tournaments we are planning to have a swiss tournament and both tournaments have 21 programs. We would like to have an even number, and were wondering if GNU Go could be used. Participation is free, but not guaranteed (in case we are even, GNU Go will not play). I have an operator and machine available.

Is it possible that GNU Go participates? I look forward to your answer.

You're very welcome to fill out the field with GNU Go. It's unlikely to be able to compete with the strongest programs of today, but I suppose it should be able to hold its own against parts of the huge field.