[gnugo-devel] starting developing for gnugo

From: Elliot Stern
Subject: [gnugo-devel] starting developing for gnugo
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:38:46 -0400

Hi. I'm a second year computer science student at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I'm about a AGA 9 kyu, and an active member of the Empty Sky Go club. Anyway, since getting involved in a open source project is generally advisable for learning, and I'm interested in computer go (I'm currently writing a naive Monte Carlo program in Common Lisp), I figured that gnugo would be a good project to work on. I've mostly worked in java, and have done some c++. What would be some easy projects (i.e. something you would give to a second year CS student) that I can do in gnugo? The last day of classes is going to be on the 6th of next month, so I will have a lot of free time that I can use to start coding something.

Thanks,
   Elliot Stern