[gnugo-devel] GTP Help!

From: Vid
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GTP Help!
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:36:34 -0800 (PST)

I don't know where to begin. I'm trying to write a Go program in Lisp for an AI class. I love games like Chess and Go, and I'm using PandaNet's glGo GUI and gnugo. I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I would like to take my program and use glGo as an interface.  Where can I find practical info about the GTP protocol? For instance, a client starts the executable with the "--mode gtp --quiet" arguments; what does the engine need to do to create a socket and accept commands? Open a socket on port 9998? Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Vidmas Kondratas