[gnugo-devel] Re: GnuGo License compatibility with the iPhone and iPad?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: GnuGo License compatibility with the iPhone and iPad?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 06:46:24 -0500

    Does this mean that Gnugo's GPL license forbids use of Gnugo source code in
    iPhone and iPad apps?

If Gnugo uses GPL version 3, the Apple store refuses to distribute the
program.  Apple does this because it aims to subjugate people.

I think you can install it if you jailbreak the iGroan.
But if you value freedom, you need to stop using that.

If you think of our programs as "open source", you will have trouble
understanding why we do what we do.  The purpose of the GNU GPL
is to protect users' freedom.  Apple is the enemy of users' freedom
and we will not yield to Apple.