Re: [gnugo-devel] Q. re Linux compatibility

From: Gonçalo Mendes Ferreira
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Q. re Linux compatibility
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 01:37:23 +0000

Hello Marty,

qGo is one graphical program that can be used with GNU Go, like many
others. I'll explain the use of qGo but you are of course free to choose
another. GNU Go works very well with everything.

To install qGo and GNU Go open your Synaptic Package Manager and search
for their names (qgo, gnugo). You will want to select these two packages
and then press Apply, to install them. When they are not installed the
entry icon should be white, once selected they should have a green tick,
and after installing it should turn to green.

The dependencies are programs that qgo and gnugo will need, so go ahead
and accept their installation.

Once the entries are green and you can see qGo and GNU Go in your system
menu, go ahead and open qGo.

Without any configuration, you should be able to select New game, tick
the option 'Computer', to select which color GNU Go will play with, and
start the match.

Best regards,
Gonçalo