Re: Equal Opportunity Employer

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: Re: Equal Opportunity Employer
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:18:27 -0500

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:57 AM, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unusually, the US form I found linked from the above seem to have no
> "prefer not to say" category.  I don't know whether there is any legal
> requirement, but all European forms that I remember have had it.

Every application I've seen has had the option not to say. There is
also the option to not turn one in. Supposedly, it should not hurt
your chance for employment.

In this very long page [1], it says that people are to voluntarily
submit their information. Find "voluntarily".

1. http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2005/05-23359.htm

The above link comes from the below page:

http://www.eeoc.gov/eeo1/index.html